Thursday, June 23, 2011

See Your Own Song

Over the year we have read many Eric Carle books and so to celebrate his birthday this Friday we decided to do some texture painting Eric Carle style. We got out the cotton buds, sponges, paint brushes, toothbrushes, textured rolling pins, leaves, carpet squares, corrugated board, bubble wrap, duplo etc and of course paint in our favourite colours and got to work.









We then watched this video on YouTube of Eric Carle's book I See A Song.


Inspired, We put on some classical music and started creating our own 'songs' in collage. 





Ladies and Gentlemen:
I see a song, I paint music, I hear colour.
I touch the rainbow, and the deep spring in the ground.
My music talks, my colours dance.
Come, listen and let your imagination
See your own song. 

- I See A Song by Eric Carle


Shared with:
jdaniel4smom







6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love every stage of this activity, & the collages are amazing! We did something similar after we were inspired by the same book.

    http://sunhatswellieboots.blogspot.com/2011/06/art-inspired-by-music.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Catherine! We had lots of fun doing this. Painting to music as you did with Minnie is something we will have try next :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your painting activity created such a wonderful final product.

    I would love for you to link in to my weekly children's book exploring meme called Read.Explore.Learn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks! I have created a link up on your page! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to Read.Explore.Learn. This counts are an entry in the June Edition of Read.Explore.Learn. Reading Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to give this a try with Little M. She loves to pile on paint and she loves music...this just seems perfect.

    ReplyDelete